Tuesday, April 1, 2014 by The Guild
A litter cleanup of the small park at the Ohio Street Boat Launch on April 26 will mark the third year of a Guild initiative to aid the Spring Shoreline Cleanup coordinated by Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper.
The annual effort is conducted in memory of our late friend, reporter and Guild leader John “Jay” Bonfatti. Jay, who died in 2008, loved the outdoors and believed strongly in caring for the natural wonders of Western New York. continue»
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 by The Guild
3/20/14 — The Buffalo Newspaper Guild’s bargaining team is gearing up for another round of contract negotiations with News management. While no bargaining sessions have yet been scheduled, the Guild team has begun to prepare for the talks. continue»
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 by The Guild
An ongoing effort to reduce expenses and find new sources of revenue at The Buffalo News has continued to allow the company to remain profitable amid tumultuous industry conditions.
And The News has now publicly identified the profit margin that’s being sought by Berkshire Hathaway every year – company officials want to maintain a 10-percent profit margin, Publisher and President Warren T. Colville told employees at the recent State of the News meetings. continue»
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 by The Guild
The Lonnie Hudkins Memorial Singers performed on Dec. 6 at the Guild’s annual holiday party. Listen and follow along with the lyrics posted below: continue»
- November 2013 general membership meeting minutes
- Guild works to fix News’ health plan: Union finds health insurance flaws now being corrected
- Buffalo hosts Newspaper Guild event: Legendary folk singer Pete Seeger makes a surprise visit
- Tentative Nov. 2013 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- Get your jingle bells on and pick up free tickets to the 2013 Guild Holiday Party!
- Vote on new Guild leadership at Wednesday’s noon membership meeting