Tuesday, February 11, 2014 by The Guild
An ongoing effort to reduce expenses and find new sources of revenue at The Buffalo News has continued to allow the company to remain profitable amid tumultuous industry conditions.
And The News has now publicly identified the profit margin that’s being sought by Berkshire Hathaway every year – company officials want to maintain a 10-percent profit margin, Publisher and President Warren T. Colville told employees at the recent State of the News meetings. continue»
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 by The Guild
The Lonnie Hudkins Memorial Singers performed on Dec. 6 at the Guild’s annual holiday party. Listen and follow along with the lyrics posted below: continue»
Sunday, December 15, 2013 by The Guild
Meeting called to order by President Henry Davis at 12:09 p.m. in The News’ auditorium. continue»
Monday, November 25, 2013 by The Guild
The Guild have been working with The News to correct two important Univera Healthcare coverage problems discovered by our members and leadership after The News sent out its NewsFlex benefits package to Guild members.
These issues, which have now been fixed, would have otherwise led to higher out-of-pocket hospitalization costs for our members and hurt those who have dependent children who live away from home but depend on their parents for coverage. continue»
- Buffalo hosts Newspaper Guild event: Legendary folk singer Pete Seeger makes a surprise visit
- Tentative Nov. 2013 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- Get your jingle bells on and pick up free tickets to the 2013 Guild Holiday Party!
- Vote on new Guild leadership at Wednesday’s noon membership meeting
- Soliciting nominations for Guild leadership
- Oct. 2013 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes